Creating perfect platters with Lisa's Whipped Dips #alittleluxury
The build-your-own burger platter
A platter laden with all the fixings for a good burger puts a little luxury in to homemade burgers and brings diners together around the table to relax over the creation of their own burgers to suit individual tastes and dietary requirements.
How to build your burger platter
- The heart of a burger is the pattie and vegetarian options need serious consideration. Bean Supreme Gourmet Burgers have a soy base and come in packs for four patties ready to fry or barbecue.
- While the hotplate is on for the patties, fry some onions and pineapple - it's polarizing but those who love it will want it.
- Fresh, crisp lettuce leaves do double duty as salad filling and as a bread bun replacement.
- Add more fresh with a herby slaw, or make like the hippest hamburger joints and add sauerkraut or kimchi. Make your own sauerkraut recipe.
- Add even more fresh with sliced tomato, red onion and avocado
- Offer a pickle selection – gherkins of course and beetroot for a true Kiwi burger. Pickled beetroot recipe.
- Now it’s time to get serious about flavour with Lisa’s Deliciously Whipped Dips. They bring a touch of luxury and a silky, light, airy texture that completes any burger combo.
- And don’t forget the cheese. Slices of whatever it is you favour. Fresh mozzarella is meltingly good and will carry the flavours of everyone’s burger perfectly.