Creating the perfect mezze plate with Lisa's Whipped Dips #alittleluxury
The mezze plate
A mezze plate is an easy, yet impressive way to entertain, served as finger food for people to graze on. Or substantial enough to be a complete meal, served with plates, cutlery and lots of pita bread to encourage people to build their own magical mouthfuls.
How to build your mezze plate
- Lisa’s Beetroot, Pomegranate and Fresh Mint Whipped Dip and Lisa’s Sweet Chilli Peppers and Roasted Capsicum Whipped Dip bring a little luxury and a lot of flavour to the plate.
- A selection of olives, walnuts, pistachios and dolmades (look for them in cans in supermarkets and specialty food stores) continue the Middle-Eastern/Mediterranean flavours.
- Make a spicy carrot salad by mixing 3½ cups grated carrot with 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp raisins and 2 Tbsp harissa paste (store-bought our make your own). Harissa recipe.
- Make a tabbouleh by covering ½ cup bulghur wheat with boiling water and letting it stand, covered, for 15 minutes, then spread out on a clean tea towel to cool and dry a little. Mix with ½ finely diced telegraph cucumber, 3 finely diced tomatoes, 4 cups chopped parsley and a dressing of ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and 1 small, crushed garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill sliced peppers, eggplant and courgette until soft and freshen it all up with some soft, creamy feta.
- Serve with plenty of warmed pita bread and lots of napkins for deliciously messy fingers.