Creating perfect platters with Lisa's Whipped Dips #alittleluxury
The adventurers' platter
Labour Day heralds the start of long, languid days spent out and about in the great outdoors. Whether biking, hiking, boating, beaching or just baching, Kiwi adventurers will need to refuel and a platter of nourishing nibbles will add a special touch to the day. No cutlery, utensils or plates required, just some prep at home and it’s pack and go.
How to build your adventurers’ platter
- For a little luxury base your platter around Lisa’s Whipped Dips. Their silky, light and airy texture makes them melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
- Match Lisa’s Vintage Cheddar, Caramelised Onion and Thyme Whipped Dip and Lisa’s Sweet Chilli Peppers and Roasted Capsicum Whipped Dip with vegetable sticks for dipping. Slice vegetables at home and pack them covered with, covered with damp paper towel, in a sealed container to keep them fresh.
- Crakers are also great for dipping. Choose seeded crackers for their extra nutrition and sustenance. Seeds provide protein, calcium, magnesium, iron and Omega 3s. Recipe for dairy- and gluten-free seed crackers
- Boiled eggs, pre-sliced or cubed cheese and nuts provide protein for sustained energy.
- Dark chocolate and dried fruit provide instant energy and a little something sweet.
- Fresh fruit such as grapes don’t need to be cut up and travel well. Oranges can be segmented on site or before leaving home.