4 bites: Lisa’s Whipped Dips
The silky, light and airy texture of Lisa’s Whipped Dips adds a little luxury to any chip and dip occasion and to platters of dressed-to-impress canapes.
Lisa’s Vintage Cheddar, Caramelised Onion and Thyme Whipped Dip with homemade potato chips
Experiment with other root vegetables such asbeetroot, parsnip and kumara, pairing chips with various Lisa’s Whipped Dip flavours.
1. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice agria potatoes into wafer-thin slices. Lay out on a clean tea towel and dry thoroughly. Place in a bowl and toss through a little olive oil.
2. Lay potato slices out on lined baking trays. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and paprika if you like things spicy, and bake at 160C until golden and crisp. To ensure they cook evenly, turn the trays around in the oven and flip the chips as they colour.
3. To serve, arrange stacks of chips alongside big spoonfuls of dip.
Lisa’s Beetroot, Pomegranate and Fresh Mint Whipped Dip Balls with nut and seed crumble
1. Crush 1 cup of mixed, toasted nuts and seeds (we used cashews, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds) into a chunky crumble, season with a little salt.
2. To serve, gently roll small spoonfuls of Lisa’s Beetroot, Pomegranate and Fresh Mint Whipped Dip through the nuts. Refrigerate before serving on a platter garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds. Or simply spoon the dip on to crackers or vegetable chips and top with a sprinkle of crumble.
Lisa’s Sweet Chilli Peppers & Roasted Capsicum Whipped Dip wraps
1. Score the ends of red and yellow peppers with a knife. Place on a baking paper-lined roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Roast in a hot oven for about 45 minutes, turning the peppers as they colour, until blistered and tender. Remove the peppers along with the baking paper on to a sheet of foil and wrap it all up, leaving to cool for 5-10 minutes. Unwrap, peel, deseed and refrigerate.
2. Pull peppers in to segments and spread with a generous amount of Lisa’s Sweet Chilli Peppers and Roasted Capsicum Whipped Dip. Roll into cigar shapes and refrigerate.
3. To serve, slice into bite sized pieces and arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Lisa’s Spinach and Feta Whipped Dip and avocado cream
1. Chop 1 avocado into a bowl. Add the zest and juice of ½ lemon and whisk or mash together until smooth. Add 350g of Lisa’s Spinach and Feta Whipped Dip and gently fold into the avocado to form a light cream. Refrigerate.
2. To serve, pipe on to thin rounds of cucumber or corn chips, and garnish with fresh coriander or chives. Or serve in a bowl for dipping.