Reader recipe competition: Oven bakes
Submit your best recipe for an oven bake and you're in to win a Samsung 73L oven with Gourmet Vapour Technology
A quality oven is vital to good cooking and even more so in winter when oven-bakes become an almost daily occurrence. If you’re in the market, you’ll want to enter our reader competition because the winning recipe wins a very good-looking Samsung 73L oven.
We’re after your best recipe for a wintry oven bake — something that warms the cockles and the home while it cooks.
Competition update: Judging is in progress
Thank you to all of you who entered a recipe into our oven bake reader recipe competition. The competition is now closed and the judging process has begun. Ray McVinnie and editor Jo Elwin will cook and taste a shortlist of recipes, with the top three being featured in Bite magazine very soon. In the meantime, check out some of the entries that were submitted via the recipe form.
The Samsung 73L is as beautiful to use as it is to look at, with Gourmet Vapour Technology ensuring you can cook like the professionals — especially when baking and roasting. The technology creates a super-heated vapour that quickly spreads from corner to corner to ensure even cooking across multiple levels. So food is deliciously crispy and brown outside, but soft and juicy inside.
A 4.6-inch full-touch TFT LCD display lets you control a range of functions and settings at the touch of a finger and you don’t even need to be close to your oven to use it! The Samsung built-in oven’s Wi-Fi connection lets you remotely monitor and control the oven using an app on your smartphone. You can easily check and change settings, and adjust cooking times and temperatures.
It also helps you to cook like a pro by selecting and automatically cooking a chef recipe recommended by a Michelin 3-star chef. And never serve under-cooked or over-cooked meat again, the meat probe monitors the internal temperature and eliminates guesswork by indicating when meat is thoroughly cooked.
Looking for ideas?
Our ever-popular oven bakes collection may offer some inspiration for your own unique creation.
Reader recipe entries
Here are the entries submitted to date, via the reader recipe form.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is free and open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Promoters, the Promoters’ associated companies, the Promoters’ agencies and partners associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should their ability to fulfil due obligations be limited at any stage by any form of technical failure.
4. To enter the promotion, entrants must be registered on Bite and submit a recipe unique to you, or please credit the source of the recipe, for your favourite oven bake. Recipes must be submitted using the reader recipe form or emailed to the Bite email address (both listed above).
5. Eligible Entrants are limited to one entry in the promotion. Any additional entries will be invalid.
6. Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotional Period. The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
7. Promotion commences at 5.00am, Monday June 20, 2016 and will finish at 11.59pm, Tuesday July 5, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
8. From a set of finalists, the judges will choose one winning recipe.
9. The winner will be notified by phone, email or post.
10. There is one (1) prize of a Samsung 73L oven with Gourmet Vapour Technology (pictured above), valued at $4999 RRP.
11. The prize cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
12. All entrants consent to their names and recipes being published in Bite magazine and online, and being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion.
13. Entrants’ personal information will be stored on a database by the Promoters. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoters at the addresses set out below.
14. The Promoters are Bite, owned by NZME, 2 Graham Street, Auckland, New Zealand (the “Promoter”). Please refer to NZME standard promotion and competition rules here.