4 Bites: Autumn pesto-style sauces
- Toast ⅓ to ½ cup walnuts until fragrant, sprinkle with sea salt and cool.
- Blitz with 2 packed cups of fresh mint and parsley leaves, 2-3 crushed garlic cloves (optional), the zest and juice of a lemon or ½ orange and enough walnut oil to bind (approx ¼ cup). Add ¼ cup grated parmesan and blitz to incorporate. Get the recipe
- Toast ⅓ to ½ cup pumpkin seeds until just coloured, sprinkle with sea salt flakes and cool.
- Blitz the pumpkin seeds with 2 packed cups of coriander (leaves and stems), 1-3 Tbsp pickled jalapenos, 50-75g soft goat’s cheese, the zest and juice of a lime and olive oil to bind (approx ⅓ cup). Get the recipe
- Toast ½ cup hazelnuts in 1 Tbsp honey, sea salt flakes and pepper until golden. Cool.
- Blanch, refresh and chop approximately 200g or 1 cup broccolini and blitz with 1 cup parsley, the hazelnuts, a small piece of grated ginger, 1-2 Tbsp gochujang, 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp mirin, and sesame oil (approx ¼ cup) to bind. Get the recipe
- Blitz 2 packed cups of fresh basil and spinach leaves with 3 Tbsp tahini, 1 bulb of roasted garlic (cooled and peeled), the zest and juice of 1 lemon (or lime) and enough olive oil to bind (approximately ⅓ cup). Season with salt and pepper. Get the recipe